Employee Spotlight: Paul Loré
Introducing our first Vorumite Spotlight! Meet Our Software Lead Paul Loré, Paul has been working in Vorum since 2017! We asked Paul a few questions about himself:
- Can you share a memorable experience or project that you’ve been involved in during your time here?One of the first times I had ever presented anything during our monthly town hall meetings was to demonstrate a prototype version of the 3D scanning process in what eventually became Luma, streamed onto a big screen in front of the whole company. The first live demo of Luma went absolutely flawlessly, and set the tone for what the final version would represent.
- What do you find most rewarding about your work?The combination of health and technology has always been fascinating to me. I see products I have worked on being part of the process to help people (and pets!) to walk, and that feels very meaningful.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?I fill up most of my spare time with outdoor activities such as camping, canoeing, golf, and hiking. I also stay pretty active in the winter with hockey, snowboarding, and snowshoeing.
- What’s a valuable lesson you’ve learned while working here that you’d like to pass on to others?The term ‘servant leadership’ is something I have learned here and do my best to foster. This means that leaders prioritize their team’s needs and growth instead of the classical view of managers bossing people around.
- What is your favourite local business?Milltown has been Vorum’s go-to lunch spot for many years, and it never disappoints. I went there on my first day at Vorum and probably over 100 times since!
- What is your favourite meal?I grew up in Nova Scotia, and therefore I feel obligated to say lobster! Fresh, boiled, and served with garlic butter – simple and tough to beat.