Vorum is transforming the way custom Prosthetic and Orthotic devices and services are delivered worldwide. Every 71 seconds, somewhere in the world, a patient benefits from a custom P&O device designed and manufactured using Vorum technology. We are committed to improving that statistic to every second, and we want your help.
The Vorum product line includes 3D scanners, CAD/CAM software, and machinery that is used to create custom-fitted prosthetic and orthotic devices for amputees, veterans, babies, and even pets.
Our Core Values
- Above and Beyond – we go the extra mile for customers and colleagues
- Got Your Back – always ready to help out customers and colleagues when they need help
- Eager to Learn – we never stop learning. Vorum places a high priority on its employee’s growth objectives!
As the Support Specialist, you will be the first point of contact to own and manage customer technical support inquiries. Deliver and exceed our customers' expectations by resolving support cases in a timely manner. Create high-quality case notes with well-though-out root cause analysis that can be used to help prevent issues in the future.
- Be part of a team that exceeds our customers’ expectations by resolving support cases in a timely manner, with the knowledge that every minute our customers can’t use our product, a patient outcome may be affected
- Perform repairs on customer machining equipment and 3D scanners
- Create high-quality case notes with well-thought-out root cause analysis that can be used to help prevent issues in the future
- Create strong customer relationships that foster trust and true long-term partnerships. We love our customers, and we want you to, too!
- Perform quality checks at our outsourced manufacturing partner locations
- Provide well-thought-out feature feedback to our Product Development Team based on how our customers use our products and what new features can add user value
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Engineering Physics, or experience in a related technical field.
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical or mechanical systems issues.
- General understanding of computers, operating systems, and software so that you can guide our customers through their troubleshooting experience.
- Great at explaining technical concepts to a variety of people with different learning and communication styles.
- Solid customer service skills; you make customers feel cared about, and you are committed to resolving issues quickly, correctly, and with empathy.
- Enjoy being part of team that manages multiple priorities across multiple customers. You will own your cases from creation to resolution.
- Willing and able to travel internationally to maintain and repair customer equipment, sometimes on short notice.
- A passion for working for a company that makes a difference in the lives of its customers.
- Fluency in foreign languages. We have customers around the world in over 35 countries, so this is an asset.
Why you should join us
In addition to making a difference in so many lives across the globe and exciting opportunities for professional growth, working at Vorum you will enjoy a fun, casual work environment with like-minded professionals.
We believe that everyone in the company deserves an equal voice in creating our goals, priorities and direction. We have monthly Town Halls, as well as weekly, monthly and annual company priority-setting and priority-review sessions that help everyone be a part of charting our future. The lead team’s top priority is to ensure that everyone knows and understands our goals.
At Vorum we have an active Social Team that raises money for charities, as well as sets up fun activities such as:
Golf and curling tournaments
Walks together by the Fraser River during lunch
Pub lunches on Fridays
Mani-pedi team events
An annual office-wide Easter egg hunt
Vancouver Canadians games
We believe that passionate people need a passionate environment to work in! Vorum is committed to being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are a passionate person, come join the Vorum Team!
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org