Fast, accurate, easy.
3D patient scans for orthotics and prosthetics of all types.
The Spectra™ handheld optical scanner enables you to electronically capture a high-resolution 3D model of your patient in seconds – without any patient contact or the mess and discomfort of plaster. Your patients and staff will love you.
The complete Vorum integrated CAD/CAM solution for prosthetics and orthotics
includes 3D scanners, computer-aided shape modification software, and automated carvers.
"Vorum enables us to grow our business. We will now acquire the detailed shapes of children and spinal trauma patients without the risk and discomfort of traditional casting procedures." - Nolan Hayday, Karl Hager Limb and Brace
Portable cranial scanning.
NEW: Spectra for STARband® helmets.
Orthomerica’s process to fabricate STARband Cranial Remolding Orthoses now has FDA 510(k) Clearance to use our affordable, handheld, blue-light Spectra scanner to capture 3D head shape data.
Spectra is light and compact. Combine it with a laptop for a portable scanning solution that’s perfect for satellite offices, remote patient visits, and to add a flexible scanning capability to your main clinic.
Easy to learn, easy to use.
1. Simply plug the scanner unit into your computer and open the Spectra software application.
2. As you scan with an overlapping pattern, feedback indicates the optimal scanner distance from your patient.
3. Spectra transfers measurement data to your computer and displays the emerging 3-dimensional patient shape on your screen in real-time.
4. Move and rotate the image on your computer, restart a scan from anywhere, add clinical landmark information, and much more!
5. After you have completed your scan, the shape can be modified on the computer using the Canfit™ P&O Design software
The result of over 25 years of clinician feedback.
"Optical scans are more accurate than plaster. We now make orthotics and prosthetics that fit better." - Martin Kaufmann, OrthoPets
- Accurate: With 0.1 mm resolution, you can capture every bump and contour for better fitting custom devices.
- Fast: Obtain design-ready scans for all types of prosthetic and orthotic devices in less than five minutes.
- Safe and reliable: Uses a safe, high quality blue light projector and single camera to capture the 3D image.
- A permanent record: The detailed 3D patient shape can be electronically stored indefinitely and referred to for reimbursement justification and device replacement or repair.
- Unaffected by nearby metal objects: Scan your patient in a bed or wheelchair.
- Real-time feedback: the 3D shape emerges on screen as you scan.
Lightweight and portable.
A versatile mobile scanning solution for the practitioner on the go.
Spectra is compact and comes with a rugged shoulder carrying case. A single cable connects it to your laptop or desktop computer running the easy-to-use Spectra software.
Faster turnaround. Happier patients.
ABC News: CarePartners delivers prosthetic faster, thanks to Spectra.
"[Spectra] uses just a white light that's used in an average camera so it's very safe. This will be crucial in making the liners and the custom portion of the prosthesis."
- Wilder Lafond, CPO, CarePartners